Are you an experienced Head or Executive chef looking for a new opportunity? My client is a well-known high quality restaurant chain, with current venues in Birmingham, Solihull and a new venue opening in Bristol. They are looking for a talented, brilliant chef to join their management team as their new Operations Chef, ensuring the smooth function of all their back of house teams.
As the Operations Head Chef, you will be required to travel between the venues, with travel expenses paid for depending on which location you travel to for that day.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Operations Head Chef will be:
- Complete menu development and planning for all venues, collaborating with the higher management team, helping to bring in new audiences with new and refined items.
- Kitchen management of all venues, including staff, equipment and ingredients. This will include the scheduling of rotas, and recruitment and training of all staff.
- Ensuring all dishes are made to the same high standard across all venues, maintaining consistency across presentation, portion control and all food safety protocols.
- Leadership of all the teams, leading by example and providing coaching to the team, helping to improve skills.
- Organization of all the daily operations of the kitchen across the venues, whilst coordinating alongside the FOH staff ensuring a smooth service.
The ideal Operations Head Chef will:
- Have experience working at a senior level in a kitchen, preferably in an Operations style already.
- Be motivated, passionate about food and full of energy to work.
- Have a good knowledge of multicultural cuisines, especially Caribbean cuisine.
- Be able to stay calm and collected under the pressure of a kitchen environment.
Salary: £40,000 with a bonus structure offered.
Job-Type: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Hours and shift patterns to be discussed
If you believe you could be the right candidate to join as the Operations Head Chef, please do not hesitate to get in touch by applying with an up-to-date CV!